USA Immigration: 

P Visas

P Visas Overview

The P Visa is granted to distinguished alien athtetes, entertainers, and artists travelling to the United States to perform at a specific event.  

Lebamoff & Associates
218 N. Lee Street
Suite 312
Alexandria, VA 22314,

More Details about P1 Visas

P1 Visa (Athletes)

The P1 visa is for an internationally recognized athlete coming to perform at a specific athletic event or competition with a distinguished reputation.  For example, an Olympic athlete.  The P1 entertainment visa by individuals who perform with an internationally recognized group, and the group has been recognized for a sustained and substantial amount of time, such as major symphony or ballet company.  

What documentation is required for a P1 visa?

In order to qualify for a P1 visa, an athlete may provide specified documents including, but not limited to: evidence of significant participation in a prior season with a major U.S. sports league; evidence of international competition with a national team; a written statement from the head of the governing body for a particular sport explaining how the athlete or team is internationally recognized; evidence of ranking for the individual athlete, or evidence that the athlete or team has received significant honor in the sport.

What is the duration for a P1 athlete?  

The P1 athlete visa is valid for a period of five years, with the ability to extend the visa an additional five years, but not to exceed ten years.  

P1 Visa (Entertainers)

Eligibility for P1 entertainers requires that the group has been established and performing for at least one year; a statement from the petitioner listing each member of the group and the length of time each member has been with the group, and evidence that the group has received international recognition.  Evidence must include, but is not limited to proof that the group has performed in a leading or starring role in productions and events with a distinguished reputation; evidence that the group has international recognition for outstanding achievement in the failed, such as newspaper articles; and evidence that the group commands or will command a high salary.  

P2 Visa (Reciprocal Exchange)

The P2 visas may be used by artists and entertainers, individually, or as a member of a group, who will be performing in the U.S. under a reciprocal exchange program between a U.S. organization or organizations, and an organization or organizations in one or more foreign countries.  The exchange of artists or entertainers must be similar in terms of notoriety and caliber of artist under the P1 visa.  Those seeking a P2 visa must submit a copy of the exchange agreement, evidence that  labor union negotiated the contract or is in agreement with the reciprocal agreement.  The P2 visa for is valid for one year, and may be extended in one year increments.

P3 (Culturally Unique Program)

The P3 visa is designed for artists and entertainers, individually or as part of a group, coming to the U.S. to perform un culturally unique programs.  Performance is one aspect of this visa, but may also include teaching, coaching, developing, and interpreting.  When thinking of the P3 visa, think of ethnic dances and other programs limited to a particular people, region, or country.  Frequently, owners of clubs and ethnic restaurants use this visa to bring entertainers from their native countries to perform in the establishment for a limited amount of time.  In order to obtain a P3 visa, a sponsor must show that the program is unique to a particular culture.  Copies of newspaper advertisements, reviews, etc. are also required.  The P3 visa is valid for one year, and may be extended in one year increments

P4 Visas

Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 may accompany the primary P visa holder during the period of validity for the P visa.