USA Immigration: 

J-1 Visas

J-1 Visa Overview

A J-1 visa (popularly known as the "exchange visitor visa") is a non-immigrant visa frequently used by professors, research scholars (social sciences, humanities, science-technology-engineering-medicine), professors, and other exchange visitors. Visa applicants must participate in programs that promote cultural exchange, and are best known as a means to obtain medical or business training in the US (although it is not limited to those two fields.

Lebamoff & Associates
218 N. Lee Street
Suite 312
Alexandria, VA 22314,

More Details about J-1 Visas

J-1 Visas Overview

There are educational and English language eligibility requirements. Applicants must also be sponsored by either a university, private business, or local, state or federal government program. Popular fields for J-1 visa holders are: camp counselor, intern in business or government, summer work/travel (especially at resorts and amusement parks in the US), teacher in secondary or primary school (especially in languages and physics/biology/mathematics/chemistry), business trainee and physician residency/training programs.

Roth & Lebe have extensive J-1 Visa Experience

Roth & Lebe possess decades of experience with the J-1 visa. One of our partners has adjudicated over 3,000 J-1 visa applicants and during his tenure at the State Department managed the J-1 visa program at a US Consulate in Russia. We are well-versed in the often changing landscape of the J-1 program. In addition, we have strong relationships with various institutions in the US that are seeking teachers, scholars and researchers.